Saturday, August 13, 2011

Almost up!

The waiting period is almost up. Milo and I went in to downtown for a few more souvenirs today. Train was packed. I got to sit crammed in to a seat with a shirtless guy. What happened to the no shirt, no shoes, no service rule? Come on buddy! The no drinking rule on the train apparently is just a suggestion as well. Just ask the guy across the isle drinking the Jack Daniels. It was a quick trip. We got back and ordered pizza from room service.

Tuesday I go downtown with our coordinator to sign some last documents. I don't even know what I'm signing any more. He is probably signing me up for Jelly of the Month club and having me buy magazines for his daughters' FFA fundraiser or something! Actually, we really trust him but the paperwork was old about 6 months ago. Then Wednesday we have to take the boys to get their last medical checkups so they can be released out of the country. Then we meet with the consulate here (yes they will be here, wahoo!)and then our coordinator will be able to fly to Moscow for us to get the boys Visas and everything else that needs to be done there. After he returns, we get to come home!

Milo has been a huge help. i think he is getting a little tired of the food. He and Julie get the chicken strip basket about every day. I didn't like it the first time, but they seem satisfied! The fries here are great. They rival McDonalds for sure.

Thanks to everybody who is checking our blog. We can't wait to share more with you in a few days...and more importantly introduce you to them when we get back. They are great. We are truly blessed. God's hand is evident in this whole journey.

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you. Thinking of you guys and praying for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, just read your last blog and it brought me to tears. God is so wonderful! I am so excited for you guys to have full rights to the boys soon! You have worked so hard with this and I am amazed of how you have made it through this journey. Came across a Bible verse the other day and it immediately reminded me of you and us: Proverbs 25:25 like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land. It's so good to hear news from you from a distant land! Love you all, Debbie and Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reliving the excitement of adoption with you as I read your words. I'm SO excited for you! Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete