Thursday, August 11, 2011

Waiting Period

We are still in our 10 day wait period so we can't report much at this time. They can still reverse the decision in this period. So we will share much more after the wait period is up. Many pics to be added at that time. For much more detail on what's going on, you can call either of our parents. For church people, I'm going to let Julia know so you can call her at church. I'll probably let Milbretts know as well so they can be another contact in the know. However, I have not talked with either of them yet.

One interesting note from today (although not nearly as interesting as the boys), I had Borscht today. Did i spell that right? Beet soup. For my immediate family who know me well, that is impressive. There was one thing I absolutely hated that my mom made me eat when i was a kid...beets. I have had it once since I graduated high school...and that was when we were eating with the homeless in Denver on our youth trip to Colorado a couple summers ago. I told the youth to eat anything they gave us so we didn't come across as rude. Well, they served beets. And I ate them. I had to! I didn't hate it, but didn't enjoy it really either. So today the special of the day was beet soup. Milo and i agreed to try it at some point, so today was the day. We both liked it. Really! I'm not just saying that. I really liked it. Maybe thats not so exciting for you, but it was a huge breakthrough for me. Some people go through years of therapy for a breakthrough like this! I would even order it again.

Thanks for your patience. Much info about the boys and pictures will come after the wait period is over. Please call one of the above mentioned if you want to know more. Thanks.

Nate

4 comments:

  1. Hi there - I am a coworker of Milo's and have been keeping tabs on your blog along with Sue. I just wanted to drop a quick comment to let you know I pray for you all every day and get goose bumps when I think about the amazing life that lies (lays?) before these boys! I think it is amazing what you are doing. Tell Milo that people ask about him EVERY day and wonder how the trip is going and that we are all rooting for you guys and hope everything goes even better than expected! Cant wait to see pictures!!!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Borscht...ummm...yea...braver then me!!! Debbie drinks something with beets in them, once again...braver then me! Glad to see you are doing well and having fun. Is it snowing there yet? Broncos are on...time for FOOTBALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new pic! I will be patient for more pics coming. ;)
    D has been picking out books that he thinks you need now; most involve cars or trucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silas absolutely loves cars, trucks, diggers, etc. He calls them all "machine-ahs". Sawyer loves...well Julie and food.

    ReplyDelete